Our 3-Step Escape Plan

  • First Escape Route
  • Second Escape Route
  • Meeting Place

Use this space to note any additional information about your escape plan, i.e. who will assist

Your checklist
  • Get low

    Smoke is poisonous and more deadly than flames.

    If you breathe smoke for more than a few breaths it can kill you.

  • Be fast

    A house fire can kill you in less than three minutes.

    Don't spend time trying to save possessions.

  • Close doors

    A closed door buys you time.

    It slows down the spread of fire, giving you more time to get to safety.

  • Get out - stay out!

    People have died by going back into a fire.

    Don't leave the meeting place to go back inside for any reason.

Fire & Emergency New Zealand

Other complaints services

External organisations offering services related to complaints

Unions and Associations

Mediation services

The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment provides free mediation services. When a party brings a personal grievance, it will be referred to mediation. It is not necessary to bring a personal grievance to gain access to the free mediation when there is a workplace relationship problem. The service mediates between employees, or between an employee and the organisation.

Contact Mediation Services on 0800 800 863 or visit their webpage https://www.employment.govt.nz/resolving-problems/steps-to-resolve/mediation/

WorkSafe NZ

As the health and safety regulator, WorkSafe provides resources about managing health and safety risks. They can also receive complaints about breaches of obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 to take all reasonably practicable steps to provide a safe workplace.

Contact WorkSafe on 0800 030 040 or visit https://worksafe.govt.nz/

Human Rights Commission

The Human Rights Commission offers a free service to deal with both informal enquiries and complaints related to discrimination and racial and sexual harassment issues.

Contact the Human Rights Commission on 0800 496 877 or visit https://www.hrc.co.nz/

Office for Disability Issues

The Office for Disability Issues is the focal point in government for disability issues, supporting implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the New Zealand Disability Strategy.

Contact The Office for Disability Issues on 04 916 3300 or visit https://www.odi.govt.nz/

New Zealand Police

Report threats of violence, actual physical violence or other criminal acts to the Police:

New Zealand Police can also help you access specialist support.